Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Sonogram... From the Wife's 'Point of View"


Some time ago I had come to the conclusion that KL and I would not have a child of our own. It came with a lot of heartache and tears, but I resolved that maybe God had other plans for us. After all, it had been seven years since we lost a baby by miscarriage and were now considered advanced in age and possibly facing infertility. 
 
It’s been four months since KL and I learned we are expecting our first child and four days since learning we’re having a little girl. It all still seemed so surreal to me until the day I saw her playing with her hands on the ultrasound monitor.

Unlike KL, who had as much difficulty as if he were trying to decipher a Rorschach test, I could now see she has the form of a real baby; not just a blurb on the screen. I could count her fingers and toes. I could see her little legs, and before the nurse announced I could tell she is a she. 

Prior to the ultrasound I wasn't sure if the occasional poking inside was in fact her movements. Now, I know they are. She must have been annoyed by the prodding of the wand because the doctor said she wouldn't stay still in order for her to capture all the images needed to complete the anatomy scan. I could actually feel her moving around inside during the process. Now, what used to be a flutter once a day has turned into all day entertainment of somersaults in my belly; a sensation I’m still getting used to.

I think about what it will feel like to hold our daughter for the first time. I can’t wait to give her kisses and hugs and never want to put her down. I look forward to hearing her tiny cries, baby cooing, messy diapers, and my lack of sleep.

God knows how grateful I am for this blessing. I haven’t stopped smiling; even through tears.

Tiffany Braxton Belvin

If you missed our announcement of our baby girl on our weekly radio show "Reality and Relationship Every Thursday 8-10 pm est.

Here is what you missed. 


10/24/2013 The Making Marriage Cool Again Seminar and Baby Announcement



No comments:

Post a Comment