Sunday, August 12, 2012

Today made five years of marriage. I couldn't be happier.

As a poet I have never been scared to express my feelings about things. This poem was written in deication to my wife who has made me one of the happiest men on the planter. Here is my words to the Love of my life, Tiffany Braxton Belvin. 

I Would Say I Do All Over Again..


Your smile brightens my world, sending messages God is real.
You’re my Sarah, my Ruth, my Ester and my Mary.
With each look I fall in love with you all over again.
Is this real of course it is.
As real as the day I joked some day you’ll be mine. I told you.
Can you remember when I said I’d be the greatest man you’ve ever known?
Who knew in my arrogance, I was speaking a word to what you’d bring to my life.
We've seen darkness, pain and moments of despair.
There were times when ending this relationship would have been the common choice.
Our tears and moments of pain have always given way to a brighter tomorrow.



We have seen the light which followed the storms.
Together we prayed when there was nothing left for us to do.
Only to see those prayers answered.
I cherish each breath I am blessed to with you.
Can you hear Toni Braxton and Johnny Gill singing us into holy matrimony as we stood with family and friends?
The sun from our day is still felt as the song signaled your arrival.
The pastor asked “Do You Keith and Do You Tiffany” can you still feel the tears of joy as we uttered “I DO!”
Remember how we faced down “Dean” with only our love and prayer then refused to allow even a hurricane to pull us apart.
A year later,
return triumphant to the same spot with the echoes of that great wind whistling in the Jamaican breeze.
Husband and wife, the words are so common but to us so special.
They can never mean to others what they mean to you and I.
I've sworn an oath to love you, cherish you, protect you and even die for you if I have too.
Many don’t understand and some will never comprehend what we have.
You see my Love; I wouldn’t change a thing about you.
Today is our day, the day we became one.
The day the Lord set aside just for us.
Material I don’t have, wealth has yet to be given, yet I am richer than a man can because I have you.
Allow me to wish us peace and mercy in the presence of the world in the eyes of the Father.
No mere gift would be complete or give what we have its due.
You are my wife, the one the Lord has given me.
This is my gift; I stand and shout for all who will listen and those who try not too,
From the bottom of my heart, I would say I do all over again.
By
K. L. Belvin, Husband of Tiffany Braxton Belvin



No comments:

Post a Comment